This creation is so good….I just had to include the receipe. Enjoy!
Pavlova with Lemon Curd, White Chocolate Shavings and Pomegranate Seeds, recipe taken from Lucy Waverman’s cookbook – a Valentine Treat, but the colours are perfect for Canada Day!
3 egg whites
3/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp white vinegar
1 tsp cornstarch
1/2 cup whipping cream
1 cup lemon curd (buy from a gourmet shop, or try yourself – recipe link here)
1 cup shaved white chocolate
1/4 cup pomegranate seeds (dried cranberries or fresh raspberries will do in a pinch)
1. Preheat oven to 275 F. Draw a heart template, approx 7 inches in diameter, on a piece of parchment paper. Place ink side down on a baking sheet.
2. Beat egg whites in a large bowl using an electric mixer on high speed for 4 – 5 minutes, adding sugar gradually until very thick and glossy. The meringue should look like thick shaving cream.
3. Beat in vinegar and cornstarch until just incorporated.
4. Spread meringue on parchment paper inside the heart outline. Bake for 1 hour, or until pale gold and crisp on the outside.
5. Turn off oven and leave meringue for 30 minutes.
6. Whip cream in bowl, fold in lemon curd. Spread evenly over meringue. (Meringue top will most likely shatter – that is ok!)
7. Top with shaved chocolate and pomegranate seeds (or raspberries).